I have seen many bloggers participate in this survey, so I decided to join in, as well! Thank you Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner for hosting this!
Disclaimer: I borrowed these graphics from Jamie because they are so adorable and well-done!
Number Of Books You Read: 38
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult: Contemporary and Classics (because of my AP Lit class as a high school senior)
- Best Book You Read In 2015?
The Throne of Glass Series (all of the books were so good, I can’t pick just one)
- Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going to Love More But Didn’t?
Burning Kingdoms by Lauren DeStefano–I absolutely loved Perfect Ruin and I was excited to read the sequel, but it unfortunately did not meet my expectations.
- Most Surprising (In A Good Or Bad Way) Book You Read?
Hopeless by Colleen Hoover–once the big secret was revealed, I was so shocked. It definitely took me by surprise.
- Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers! I ALWAYS recommend this book/series whenever I have the chance to.
- Best Series You Started In 2015? Best Sequel Of 2015? Best Series Ender Of 2015?
Best Series: Throne of Glass Series
Best Sequel: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (tied with Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover)
Best Series Ender: Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers (Her Fair Assassin Series)
- Favorite New Author You Discovered In 2015?
Colleen Hoover and Sarah J. Maas are both incredible authors that I discovered in 2015
- Best Book From A Genre You Don’t Typically Read/Was Out Of Your Comfort Zone?
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway was a book I enjoyed from a genre I don’t typically read (classics).
- Most Action-Packed/Thrilling/Unputdownable Book Of The Year?
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #4)–so much action took place in this novel that it was difficult for me to put it down at times.
- Book You Read in 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I don’t re-read books often (the only book I have is Grave Mercy, but I didn’t read it this year).
- Favorite Cover of a Book You Read In 2015?
I love this cover–the font, the background, everything.
- Most Memorable Character of 2015?
Celaena/Aelin from The Throne of Glass Series. She has grown so much throughout the series, and her personality speaks volumes.
- Most Beautifully Written Book Read in 2015?
Any of Colleen Hoover’s Books (Maybe Someday, Hopeless, and Ugly Love)–they were all written so beautifully.
- Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2015?
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. That book definitely changed my life.
- Book You Can’t Believe You Waited UNTIL 2015 to Finally Read?
Any of Colleen Hoover’s books and the Throne of Glass Series. I wish I read them sooner but the plus for waiting on the Throne of Glass Series is that I did not have to wait a year between each book.
- Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
From Throne of Glass:
“I’m not ill like that,” she groaned. He sat on her bed, peeling back the blanket. A servant entered, frowning at the mess on the floor, and shouted for help.
“Then in what way?”
“I,uh…” Her face was so hot she thought it would melt onto the floor. Oh you idiot. “My monthly cycles finally came back!”
His face suddenly matched hers and he stepped away, dragging his hand through his short hair. “I-if…Then I’ll take my leave,” he stammered, and bowed. Celaena raised an eyebrow, and then, despite herself, smiled as he left the room as quick as his feet could go without running, tripping slightly in the doorway as he staggered into the rooms beyond.”
- Shortest & Longest Book You Read in 2015?
- Book That Shocked You The Most
The Cemetery Boys by Heather Brewer
- OTP OF THE YEAR
Tate and Miles from Ugly Love ❤
- Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
There were many friendships in Queen of Shadows that I adored!
- Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Second Chance Summer and Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson (I absolutely adore this author! <3)
- Best Book You Read in 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure
Colleen Hoover’s novels. Thank you Taylor @ Charming Reads for recommending this author to me.
- Newest Fictional Crush From A Book You Read In 2015?
Josh Mitchell from I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios and Chet Falconer from Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Best 2015 Debut You Read?
I actually did not read any. . .
- Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Definitely the worldbuilding from the Throne of Glass Series–incredible!
- Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West was a fun book to read.
- Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry In 2015?
Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover–oh boy, did I cry.
- Hidden Gem Of The Year?
All of Colleen Hoover’s books that I read–especially Ugly Love
- Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Once again, Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson was a unique book because of Lee Westfall’s gift and the perfect blend of fantasy and historical fiction.
- Book That Made You The Most Mad
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas–when my OTP was sinking
- New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered In 2015?
I discovered so many, but one that comes to mind is Taylor @ Charming Reads
- Favorite Review That You Wrote In 2015?
- Best Discussion/Non-Review Post You Had On Your Blog?
I definitely had fun writing my first discussion post!
- Best Event That You Participated In?
I had fun participating in the 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon
- Best Moment of Bookish/Blogging Life In 2015?
The milestones I met this year, for instance, I reached 1,000 page views and just recently, discovered so many new bloggers. It truly makes me happy to a part of such a wonderful book blogger community ❤
- Most Challenging Thing About Blogging Or Your Reading Life This Year?
Because I started college this year, it was difficult for me to balance reading, blogging, and school, so I ended up on a long blogging hiatus for most the year.
- Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog?
- Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I wish my reviews in general received a little more love–it appears not many people view them or comment on them.
- Best Bookish Discover?
I discovered two indie bookstores near me–that was a great discovery!
- Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges Or Goals That You Had Set For Yourself At The Beginning Of This Year?
I did not set any formal goals for this year, and, unfortunately, I did not meet my Goodreads reading challenge this year.
- One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority In 2016?
November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- Book That You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (Non-Debut)?
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I can’t think of any debuts at the moment that I am most anticipating . . .
- Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating In 2016?
I am so excited for the fifth book in the Throne of Glass Series
- One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I hope to be a more active blogger and reach my Goodreads reading challenge for 2016!
- A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone
I have not read any 2016 releases, yet.
These are all the books I read in 2015!
If you participated in this survey, please leave me a link to it in the comments section!